Thursday, September 22, 2011

Meanwhile Back at the Farm Studio, I have been very busy.
  • Archiving my work has taken much longer than I ever expected. The process of selecting and culling, the schlepping of work and supplies to and from storage, the wrapping and detailing of work, the database work, photographing and Photoshopping...has been a monumental task. That says nothing about the emotional roller-coaster that many of the works generated for me.
  • I responded to an RFQ. That is really time-intensive!
  • I was selected to participate in Creative Capital's Professional Development Program (a weekend immersion in career matters for working artists). Creative Capital was brought to Nashville by our Arts and Business Council. My experience at the Capital PDP workshop stimulated a rethinking of my art practice, and I'm working through various iterations of it.
  • Life and death matters, family, and just plain living took time, too.
  • And, I have continued to show up in the studio. These quick drawings are meant to tap into that ever present ticker tape of information running in my mind. They are meant to be Brain-Drain work, but there is little doubt that reviewing past artwork has reprised some shapes and forms from deep in my memory bank.

Here are three:

Study 4
© 2011 Kathryn Dettwiller
Charcoal,acrylic,conte on paper
26 X 20"





Study 14
© 2011 Kathryn Dettwiller
Charcoal,acrylic,on paper
26 X 20"

Octopi
© 2011 Kathryn Dettwiller
Charcoal,acrylic, on paper
20 X 20"

2 comments:

Nanci Hersh said...

Congrats on wrapping things up, being selected for the Creative Capital Weekend, and keep up with your drawing. Octopi is wonderfully seductive and engaging. The space in between is full of tension and possibilities.
Keep up the good work!

Kathryn said...

Nanci, You are great!!! How you keep up with things is a wonder to me.
Thanks for the encouragement. These drawings are such fun to do...no agenda is quite freeing.

Post a Comment