Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Confession of Sorts




The pursuit of order that I began in my studio in August prompted a different quest... the tidying up of my archives of artwork. Glancing at my inventory...not of supplies, Yikes!, but of artwork, I realized the need for a clean-up there, too. While my organization skills are pretty good, the records for my artwork were haphazardly incomplete. Keeping up with the details of each piece of work for more than 35 years has been quite tedious. I confess that I left out some of those details, like the size of the piece, for instance. So, I am returning to the archives for another look, and likely, a fill-in of the missing blanks. If you would like a shortcut to an inventory form, Harriete Estel Berman has created a masterful inventory and provenance form.

©1982 Kathryn Mathes  A Christmas Get Together Silkscreen 22x17"








After beginning this project, I remembered some Christmas posters that I created many years ago. I thought that I'd share some of them with you in the next few posts. 

Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment